In 1908, Chesham Bois was served by the Carmelites Fathers who had converted a disused railway hut into a chapel; two years later this was replaced by a second-hand iron building. In 1915 a small but ‘proper’ church was built, dedicated to Our Lady of Perpetual Succour, with a seating capacity of about 70, ample for the local catholic community in those days.
The Carmelites moved to Gerrards Cross, but continued to look after Chesham Bois until 1917. Since then it has been served by the diocesan clergy:
- 1917-18 Fr Christopher Madden
- 1919-34 Fr Mortimer Flanagan
- 1934-37 Fr Cyril Smith
- 1938-49 Fr Frederick Nutt
- 1949-75 Canon Leonard Tomlinson
- 1975-82 Fr George Walker
- 1982-2012 Fr Bernard Davenport
- 2013-2014 Fr Graham Platt
- 2014- Fr Andy Ollard
The Presbytery, adjoining the church, was built in 1924. In 1953, the church was extended to accommodate 180 people.
As the Catholic population continued to increase, two new parishes were created: St. Columba’s, Chesham  and St. Aidan’s, Little Chalfont .